Outdoor Food Hygiene (L2 Food Safety)
This training is for anyone who deals with preparing and cooking food outdoors and wants to keep children young people and adults safe!
It offers a Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering, but is specific to the outdoors.
This is a practical course taught outdoors in a Forest School setting, followed by a classroom-based test.
The course will include:
• Importance of Food Safety in the woods incorporating HACCP
• Microbes – Where are they “lurking”?
• Illnesses linked to food and the outdoors
• Hygiene Control - Temperature control, Storage, Handling, Preparation, Cooking, Equipment
• Personal Hygiene
• Food Safety Control – planning a HACCP relevant to your practice